Welcome to the South African Constitutional Property Rights Foundation (SACPRIF), a Cape Town-based public benefit organisation.
The income tax and VAT Acts are universally condemned because they discourage work, investment and trade and make land unaffordable for millions. This contradicts the Constitution and SACPRIF is working to correct this.
Land rents: the gold carat of job creation
How the gradual replacement of income taxes and VAT with land rents will double GDP growth and make a hectare of arable land affordable to every South African.
A Creative Solution to Unemployment & Poverty
(The booklet has recently been updated and this page may need to be refreshed in order to acquire the latest version)
These documents require Adobe Reader.
Additional Technical Background
- Parliamentary objections to Income Tax Acts 84KB (PDF)
- A Land Tax Primer by Prof Fred Foldvary 24KB (PDF)
- Nobel Laureate’s letter to Gorbachev 1991 141KB (PDF)
- Summary of the SACPRIF case against taxes 112KB (PDF)
- Objections to Parliament May 2012 333KB (PDF)
- Total tax reform – Prof M Gaffney 96KB (PDF)
- Is the Judge Davies tax review committee an economic CODESA? 160KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Minutes of 2012-13 – AGM and Financials 59KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Minutes of 2011-12 – AGM and Financials 57KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Minutes of 2010-11 – AGM and Financials 80KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Minutes of 2009-10 – AGM and Financials 528KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Minutes of 2008-09 – AGM and Financials 84KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Minutes of 2007-8 AGM 509KB (PDF)
- SACPRIF Constitution 189KB (MS Word)
- SARS Income Tax Exemption 904KB (PDF)